I know you have all been waiting for an update.  After much discussion with a number of different people and what is still the forecast for the weekend on just about every weather site, here is what has been decided:


  1. Unfortunately, the OPEN division of the tournament will be cancelled completely (Men’s Open Singles, Ladies Open Singles, Men’s & Ladies Open Doubles, Mixed Open Doubles & 4.0 Men’s Singles).  This is regrettable as we really had a great turnout and draws for this.
  2. The masters division of the tournament will go forward as planned because since this is being played on the HarTru (clay) courts, there is a slightly better chance that we might be able to get this played.
  3. The junior division of the tournament will be moved to Fredericton with matches to begin at 5:00 pm on Friday.  Unfortunately, the Under 9 division, which was only added as part of the East Coast Open, will be cancelled due to available court time, really sorry about this.



All players have the option to withdraw and all will be refunded in due course.  As well, players have the opportunity to change the divisions that they had planned to play based on the decision above.


Everyone must confirm with me by 6:00 pm today what your intentions are with this.


Masters players must understand that if you are agreeing to still stay in the tournament, that there is still a chance that the weather may prevent play from happening and that play could also move into Monday.  As well, once final players are confirmed, many age groups could end up being combined.  So please know that this is what you are accepting.


To junior players, some of you had signed up for events in the open, you have the option now to move your entries into junior categories if you wish.  I can’t guarantee the exact format until I have the final numbers but I am hoping to still have consolation and doubles.


I will not start working on final draws and schedule until 6pm this evening and this will take a few hours to complete.  Sorry but I will accept no scheduling requests.


Please confirm with me asap.